Emily Burridge solo cello performance productions
Bach by candlelight
Emily has performed the Bach suites in many different performance environments and gives concerts by candlelight throughout the Christmas period and for special occasions.
‘Fine dining & a Bach suite’ drawing on the tradition of soiree musical Emily extends the appeal of Bach by performing in fine dining environments with the Suite performed as a recital in two parts with the courses served in between. Particularly suited to a candle lit ambience.
Emily’s journey of discovery in interpreting and finding her identity within ‘The six suites for unaccompanied cello’ by JS Bach commenced while studying with a scholarship at the Royal College of Music in London with the late Amaryllis Fleming and further tuition with the highly esteemed late William Pleeth.
As of 2018 Emily is performing either the G major, the D minor or the C major suite.
The sound cloud player includes extracts of all the movements of the G major suite and is a live recording of a solo concert performance by Emily September 2017.
This video is Emily playing the ‘Prelude’ of the G major suite by J.S.Bach in a private setting.Filmed & produced by Tchad Findlay October 2017
For concert booking enquiries please use the form below
Other Solo Cello Productions Include:
Over the last few years Emily has established a strong reputation with her unique solo production.
- Bach recital by Candlelight ‘Fine dining & a Bach suite’ Pyt House Kitchen Garden’Emily’s suggestion of an evening such as this was a great success & sold out’ January 2018′
- ‘Bach & music from Out of the Blue’ The Silk Mill Frome ‘Outside insight concert series’ October 2017
- “Bach & music from Out of the Blue” in Chartres Cathedral, France for their summer concert series 2016
- “Bach, Burridge & Into the Amazon” Calne Festival of Music & Arts
- “Bach & Music from out of the Blue” St Mary’s Church, Shroton & St Peter’s Church, Shaftesbury
- “Bach, Burridge & Into the Amazon” Barnard Castle international festival of music 2013
- “Bach, Burridge & Into the Amazon” St Mary’s Church Alvediston 2013 & St James’s Church Pilton 2013
- “Music from Out of the Blue” Equator WOW Festival, Women of the World, London.
- “Bach, Burridge & Into the Amazon” St. Ives Festival , Zennor Church, Cornwall UK
- “Bach, Burridge & Into the Amazon” Hayle – Rural tour venue Cornwall.
- “Bach, Burridge & Into the Amazon” Rural Tour – Various Venues Dorset. Promoted by Dorset Artsreach.
- “Music from Out of the Blue & Into the Amazon” Clarence House, London.” Start – A Garden Party to make a difference” Organised by The Princes Foundation.
- “Bach, Burridge & Into the Amazon” Warneford Chapel, Oxford. Promoted by Oxford Contemporary Music, ” Into the Amazon” Ashleywood Farm Music Festival, Dorset.
- “Bach & music from Out of the Blue” McQueen’s Club, London.
- “Out of the Blue & Into the Amazon” Rivenstone Festival – Dartmoor. Main Stage.
- “Into the Amazon” in collaboration with the photo exhibit “Heart of Brazil” by international photographer Sue Cunningham. Brazilian Embassy in London. The first performance “Bach, Burridge & Into the Amazon” Butley Priory Music Series, Suffolk.
- “Music from Out of the Blue” Hindon “Peace wins Japan” private concert.
- “Into the Amazon” ‘out reach” performance. Warneford Hospital, Oxford. Emily integrated within the performance a storytelling approach to the performance as she related her experiences of living with tribal people in the forests of Brazil.
- “Bach, Burridge & Into the Amazon” Harcourt Arboretum, Oxford. Production – Oxford Contemporary Music.
- Donhead St Mary Church, Dorset. Benefit concert for the Xavante Tree Nursery initiative.
- Shaftesbury Arts Centre Dorset.