Emily Burridge solo cello performance productions
Bach & music from Out of the Blue
Using sampling and looping technology, Emily has developed an exciting and innovative program of new music for the cello.
“Fascinating and unique” – The Musician
“Spellbinding innovative performance” – Nexus
“Music that is deep, thoughtful and also lifts your spirits” – European Progressive Music
Bach & music from Out of the Blue
Program length: (1 hr 15 mins)
Emily Burridge is a virtuoso cellist, who with deft improvisational and composing skills creates sublime music, fluidly crossing genres both classical and contemporary.
In the concert production ‘Bach & music from Out of the Blue’ she extends the appeal of the wondrous suites for unaccompanied cello by JS Bach combining within a concert a Bach suite with her own series of compositions for solo cello.
‘Out of the Blue’ In these compositions the cello becomes a voice for her personal experiences, and emotions, and through utilising modern sampling and looping technology operated by her feet Emily can play the cello, record harmonies and recreate her multi tracked compositions live.
Hailed as a ‘spellbinding innovative performance’.
This video is an excerpt of her concert performance in Chartres Cathedral 2016 and features her composition ‘Andiamo’ from her fourth CD ‘Out of the Blue’.
This video is Emily playing the ‘Prelude’ of the G major suite by J.S.Bach in a private setting.Filmed & produced by Tchad Findlay October 2017
‘Bach & music from Out of the Blue’ live performance recordings
This video features a short performance excerpt of a new composition ‘At the turning of the world’ filmed by a member of the public during it’s first performance October 2017
For concert booking enquiries please e mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Live performance Chartres Cathedral France 17th July 2016 ‘Summer sunday evening concert’
The concert program included the G major suite for solo cello by J.S. Bach and Emily’s acclaimed solo cello compositions from her ‘Out of the Blue’ series of pieces.
For concert booking enquiries please use the form below
Other Solo Cello Productions Include:
Over the last few years Emily has established a strong reputation with her unique solo production.
- ‘Bach & music from Out of the Blue’ The Silk Mill Frome ‘Outside insight concert series’ October 2017
- “Bach & music from Out of the Blue” in Chartres Cathedral, France for their summer concert series 2016
- “Bach, Burridge & Into the Amazon” Calne Festival of Music & Arts
- “Bach & Music from out of the Blue” St Mary’s Church, Shroton & St Peter’s Church, Shaftesbury
- “Bach, Burridge & Into the Amazon” Barnard Castle international festival of music 2013
- “Bach, Burridge & Into the Amazon” St Mary’s Church Alvediston 2013 & St James’s Church Pilton 2013
- “Music from Out of the Blue” Equator WOW Festival, Women of the World, London.
- “Bach, Burridge & Into the Amazon” St. Ives Festival , Zennor Church, Cornwall UK
- “Bach, Burridge & Into the Amazon” Hayle – Rural tour venue Cornwall.
- “Bach, Burridge & Into the Amazon” Rural Tour – Various Venues Dorset. Promoted by Dorset Artsreach.
- “Music from Out of the Blue & Into the Amazon” Clarence House, London.” Start – A Garden Party to make a difference” Organised by The Princes Foundation.
- “Bach, Burridge & Into the Amazon” Warneford Chapel, Oxford. Promoted by Oxford Contemporary Music, ” Into the Amazon” Ashleywood Farm Music Festival, Dorset.
- “Bach & music from Out of the Blue” McQueen’s Club, London.
- “Out of the Blue & Into the Amazon” Rivenstone Festival – Dartmoor. Main Stage.
- “Into the Amazon” in collaboration with the photo exhibit “Heart of Brazil” by international photographer Sue Cunningham. Brazilian Embassy in London. The first performance “Bach, Burridge & Into the Amazon” Butley Priory Music Series, Suffolk.
- “Music from Out of the Blue” Hindon “Peace wins Japan” private concert.
- “Into the Amazon” ‘out reach” performance. Warneford Hospital, Oxford. Emily integrated within the performance a storytelling approach to the performance as she related her experiences of living with tribal people in the forests of Brazil.
- “Bach, Burridge & Into the Amazon” Harcourt Arboretum, Oxford. Production – Oxford Contemporary Music.
- Donhead St Mary Church, Dorset. Benefit concert for the Xavante Tree Nursery initiative.
- Shaftesbury Arts Centre Dorset.