Emily Burridge solo cello performance productions
Out of the Blue & Into the Amazon
Along with her solo compositions Emily adds the sounds and experiences brought back from her times living with the Xavante tribe in the Amazon.
Program length: (1 hr)
Singing is central to the Xavante culture and Emily was invited to record their songs. With these recordings Emily has produced ‘Into the Amazon’ and through the performance of this production takes the audience on a brief journey into an Amazonian Indian village commencing with birds at dawn followed by recordings of songs sung by both groups and individuals which she accompanies with solo ‘cello compositions included on her album ‘Into the Amazon’.
Seventy five projected images accompany the ‘Into the Amazon’ performance. Including photos of fauna and flora of the Amazon by kind permission of the acclaimed photographer Sue Cunningham and photos of Xavante tribes people taken by Emily.
“The audience experienced an evening of ethereal, beautiful and an emotional combination of images and music, totally enjoyable evening.” Christine Pacey – Hinton Martel Church.
“Emily Burridge’s ‘Out of the Blue and Into the Amazon’ is nothing short of inspirational. The first half interweaves classical unaccompanied cello works drawn from the G major suite by JS Bach with her own compositions. Clever use of technology allows her to create multi-tracked pieces in a live setting which segue in and out of the familiar classical repertoire into her own dreamy creations.
A consummate musician, she also has a wonderful ability to communicate with her audience, rendering the whole performance as intimate as it is accomplished. The second half takes the audience on a fascinating journey into the world of the Xavante natives in the Amazon.
“Into the Amazon” available as a 25-minute ‘Outreach performance and presentation’ – bringing an Amazonian village to schools and hospitals in the form of a musical performance.
Program length: (25 mins)
Striking photographic images and recordings of their prayers and songs are accompanied by Emily’s own haunting and lyrical cello music. It is peaceful, spiritual and atmospheric; a visual and aural wonderland into which the audience is gently drawn.” Sarah Newitt (Rural tour concert promoted by Dorset Artsreach)
In this video Emily demonstrates her use of looping pedals and plays extracts of two pieces “Globalisation” and “Rain Man Sings” from her production “Into the Amazon”
Technical information and requirements
Amplification – Emily supplies her own small PA which is suitable for small halls and churches. For bigger venues an in house PA is required. Projected images accompany the ‘Into the Amazon’ performance. A projector and surface onto which images can be projected is required.
Other Solo Cello Productions Include:
Over the last few years Emily has established a strong reputation with her unique solo production.
- ‘Bach & music from Out of the Blue’ The Silk Mill Frome ‘Outside insight concert series’ October 2017
- “Bach & music from Out of the Blue” in Chartres Cathedral, France for their summer concert series 2016
- “Bach, Burridge & Into the Amazon” Calne Festival of Music & Arts
- “Bach & Music from out of the Blue” St Mary’s Church, Shroton & St Peter’s Church, Shaftesbury
- “Bach, Burridge & Into the Amazon” Barnard Castle international festival of music 2013
- “Bach, Burridge & Into the Amazon” St Mary’s Church Alvediston 2013 & St James’s Church Pilton 2013
- “Music from Out of the Blue” Equator WOW Festival, Women of the World, London.
- “Bach, Burridge & Into the Amazon” St. Ives Festival , Zennor Church, Cornwall UK
- “Bach, Burridge & Into the Amazon” Hayle – Rural tour venue Cornwall.
- “Bach, Burridge & Into the Amazon” Rural Tour – Various Venues Dorset. Promoted by Dorset Artsreach.
- “Music from Out of the Blue & Into the Amazon” Clarence House, London.” Start – A Garden Party to make a difference” Organised by The Princes Foundation.
- “Bach, Burridge & Into the Amazon” Warneford Chapel, Oxford. Promoted by Oxford Contemporary Music, ” Into the Amazon” Ashleywood Farm Music Festival, Dorset.
- “Bach & music from Out of the Blue” McQueen’s Club, London.
- “Out of the Blue & Into the Amazon” Rivenstone Festival – Dartmoor. Main Stage.
- “Into the Amazon” in collaboration with the photo exhibit “Heart of Brazil” by international photographer Sue Cunningham. Brazilian Embassy in London. The first performance “Bach, Burridge & Into the Amazon” Butley Priory Music Series, Suffolk.
- “Music from Out of the Blue” Hindon “Peace wins Japan” private concert.
- “Into the Amazon” ‘out reach” performance. Warneford Hospital, Oxford. Emily integrated within the performance a storytelling approach to the performance as she related her experiences of living with tribal people in the forests of Brazil.
- “Bach, Burridge & Into the Amazon” Harcourt Arboretum, Oxford. Production – Oxford Contemporary Music.
- Donhead St Mary Church, Dorset. Benefit concert for the Xavante Tree Nursery initiative.
- Shaftesbury Arts Centre Dorset.